Bosch CST1 1/2-Inch Titanium Countersink

Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.

Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.

Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.


Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.
Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In. Daredevil Auger Bits


Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.

For drilling though 2" pine, it's great, as other reviewers say, but I got it for drilling 12" deep holes in a maple stump. I previously used a spade bit, but it dulled quickly on the maple and didn't pull out the chips well from the deep hole. I tried this bit with a beefy 7 amp Porter Cable hammer drill on the 0-1100 rpm gear but the threaded tip pulled in the bit so fast it stalled the motor.

Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.
This bit has MAX RPM 600 printed on it, so it is supposed to be turned slowly, but one would need a very high torque/low rpm drill for it to work in my application. In order to reduce the feeding force exerted by the aggressive end screw, I ground off about half of the thread depth on the total screw length. Then I had to lean on it to feed the bit, much like a spade bit, but with much faster cutting and chip expulsion and no motor stalling.

Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.

Used this to drill bolt holes for my new deck. (through 4x4 angled braces on 6x6 posts - 8.5" and 11" hole depths. Much better and cheaper than having to buy a super-long ship auger bit.

Read More


Bosch NKMT08 1/2 In. x 13 In.

Comments